Sunday, April 25, 2010

Finding Your Voice Through Music:


Have you ever searched for the words to express the way your feeling? Today as I was watching "One Tree Hill" I notice the background music was "Where I Stood" by Missy Higgins. This song explains how ones shadow can be blinded by love. Sometimes when we truly care about a person or find ourselves in love we tend to see only two sides of life...ME and YOU. Truth is there are so many sides/paths and opportunities that life brings, and we should see them all. "Where I Stood" tells a story of a girl who is blinded by love and doesn't know what kind of person she is capable of being without her significant other. The girl is faced with a decision to let the person she loves the most go in order to figure out what amazing things she can accomplish. Many of us can learn so much from this song because it explains the fear of losing someone in order to gain courage. The song ends by saying "She who dares to stand where I stood" ; the girl is saying no matter who you choose to fill the missing void in your heart doesn't make a difference because there will always be a space for me. A friend once told me, "Love for someone never disappears, someone else just comes around to make you forget about the first love." So for anyone who feels not worthy or hidden behind someone else's shadow listen to the words of this song, and hopefully it will inspire you like it inspired me!

1 comment: