Saturday, April 24, 2010

Stress: End of Junior Year

wow! It seems like I haven't blogged in forever! For the last month I've felt overwhelmed by all the upbringings of my junior year. As the year comes to a close I realize how fast this year has passed by. Maybe it's just because I've been constantly busy with cheerleading, clubs/school activities, school...etc. Who knows?! Thankfully one of the most stressful occasions of junior year is over with; PROM! I remember dreaming about my high school prom when I was younger. I always pictured it as being with the "perfect" guy and taking tons of pictures until your mouth got tired from smiling so much. And most of all dancing with that special someone until the night ends. Well reality is many teenagers want this fantasy of prom to come true so they just settle with any date they can get. I mean yeah I guess its cool to take a picture with someone but at the same time I prefer going with someone I would have a good time with. This year I experienced going to prom solo; by choice atleast. Constantly I was told that I "had" to have a date or that I wouldn't have fun . Well I was never going to know if I didn't just go with my gut feeling. After hearing about everyones problems they faced with their prom dates, I was relieved that I didn't have those problems. So at the end of the night all I needed to have fun was my friends and to know that I looked amazing without a guy hanging on my arm. April 17th 2010 I was able to make memories with my best friends that I will remember for a lifetime. So although prom wasn't how I imagined it, I was still able to have fun with the girls :) Basically I guess my message is that we all have our "images" of how our life should go in order for it to be considered perfect. Well reality is life isn't perfect and we shouldn't let society determine what is perfect for ourselves. Life is how YOU choose to live it; right now I'm choosing to follow my own path!

Here's pictures from prom :)




No comments:

Post a Comment